We need sponsors to help us put on the 3rd User Experience Toledo Region conference featuring Rosenfeld Media virtual speakers.
The date is May 27th, 2015 and the topic is People Skills for UX: Listening, Facilitation, Negotiation and Leadership.
The location this time is the Nitschke Technology Commercialization Complex on the campus of the University of Toledo. Our hosts will be LaunchPad Incubation, our region’s business start-up and entrepreneurial assistance program.
The conference program will be delivered as a virtual conference from Rosenfeld Media. We will buy the “group ticket” and arrange for breakfast and lunch for attendees. Sponsors get the first chance to buy tickets to our local event, at a reduced rate. Tickets will go on sale to the public later in May. Attendees show up on May 27th to hang out with others interested in UX and learn from world experts, without the huge expense of traveling.
A tentative schedule for the day:
- 8:00am: Doors open for checking in, breakfast (provided) and networking
- 9:00am: Welcoming, sponsor and community announcements
- 10:00am: Virtual speakers on Negotiation: Michelle Katz & Harry Max
- 11:45am: Virtual speakers on Facilitation: David Sibbet & Kevin M. Hoffman
- 1:15pm: Lunch (provided)
- 2:15pm: Virtual speakers on Listening: Julian Treasure & Steve Portigal
- 4:00pm: Virtual speakers on Leadership: Jennifer Pahlka & Kim Goodwin
- 5:30pm: Closing remarks, possibly with a social event afterwards
See the virtual conference description for more about the speakers and what they will be talking about.
To make this User Experience Toledo Region conference happen, we need sponsors! Sponsors help pay for the content, food, and other expenses. In return, sponsors get:
- recognized in all marketing materials
- the chance to buy tickets (now), at a steep discount
- an opportunity to present to attendees at the conference
- use of the LPI coworking and office spaces for the day: to take private calls, have team meetings, or just sneak away from the conference to get some work done
Sponsorship is $100. Sponsors can purchase tickets now for $10 per person. Ticket sales do not open up to individuals until later (for $30), so companies who sponsor can guarantee their employees a seat.
You can pay for your sponsorship and sponsor tickets in several ways:
- By check or via PayPal. Contact me or send me email at instone at user-experience dot org.
- Using a credit card, via Eventbrite. See uxtr-peopleskills.eventbrite.com for details and to place an order.
In addition to financial sponsors, we welcome volunteers to help with logistics, marketing and communication. So far the “extended team” includes LaunchPad Incubation as the hosts, Spoke, and community support from Seed Coworking and Toledo Web Professionals. We need more help.
Questions? Comments? Contact me.