Thanks to everyone who has registered to attend the Toledo Region UX Tips Conference, both individually and as part of a company sponsorship. Here is a checklist of things to do to get ready for the all-day event on Thursday, April 24th.
1. Make sure you know how to get there. You know how to get to to Levis Commons, right? We are meeting in the BGSU building.
The address is 1655 N. Wilkinson Way, Perrysburg, Ohio, 43551.
2. Arrive at 9am and have breakfast with us.
Plan to be there at 9am so that you can check in, have some breakfast and coffee, and network with the other attendees.
We will have bagels from All Crumbs Bakery, coffee from The Flying Joe, and juice.
3. Bring your laptop, tablet, and/or smartphone. I will be projecting the speakers from my computer onto 2 screens for everyone to watch the slides, but you are encouraged to bring your own technology so you can get work done, check email, use Facebook, etc. Wi-fi accounts will be provided. If work involves talking on the phone, then we ask you to go into the lobby.
When the speaker is really engaging, you may want to focus on them, but following along on Twitter is also educational. We will have a handout to help you get the most of out the conference with online tools.
4. Let me know if you have any special needs for lunch. JB’s Sarnie Shoppe is catering lunch and we will have a variety of sandwiches and salads. Lunch should arrive around noon, during one of the talks. You can get your food then or wait until the 1pm break.
If you have a special diet, I would be glad to order something specific for you. Let me know.
5. Check out the Rosenfeld Media book series. I will have a copy of each book for you to glance over during the conference. You may want to buy paper or digital copies afterwards. There will be a few copies given away as prizes at the end of the day.
6. See who else is attending, at the bottom of the Eventbrite page. You can let more people know you are coming by RSVPing at the Seed event on Facebook and the Toledo Web Professionals event on Meetup.
Contact someone you know who should join us! Individual registrations end at 5pm on Tuesday.
7. Plan to stay until 6pm, or later. The last speaker is slated to be done at 5pm, but we will raffle off prizes, have some sponsor presentations, and talk about what UX events are planned the rest of the year. We can go out for drinks at Levis Commons after 6pm. Some of you will need to leave at 5pm, and that is OK.
8. Finally, review the conference description to remind yourself what else is happening, what the speakers will talk about, and who the wonderful sponsors are.
Contact me with questions. See you on Thursday!