Last week’s email newsletter was about the UX Unconference on November 22.
A reminder to sign up and participate!
- Tuesday, Nov 22, 6:30pm at Hanson.
- Free to attend, with free food provided by Hanson.
- You bring your favorite topics to the event, specific ones are chosen by the group at the beginning of the event, and then you pick which small group discussions you want to participate in.
- Think of topics you want to learn about, or choose something that you want to share (such as a work product from a current project).
RSVP at meetup.com.
The new Lean UX meet-up group has its first get-together on Tuesday, June 23rd. If you are interested in user experience, this will be your chance to hang out with UXers more often (I have not been able to commit to organize monthly events). Plus, you can learn about the application of UX to rapid prototyping and validation, and other Lean UX concepts.
The first meeting will be a workshop on UX Foundations of Lean and Agile. From the description:
- This free workshop (including food and drinks) is a UX primer for those new to the concepts, or anyone who wants to practice their existing UX skills (or come just to show off your UX talent!).
- We’ll cover the concepts of Persona Design, Experience Mapping, Minimum Viable Products (MVP), Prototyping, Running Experiments and how to take these concepts through the development cycle, among other things.
- Attendees will split up into groups of 3-5 when engaging in the workshop, in order to embrace the collaborative spirit of UX and the practice of its principles.
RSVP at meet-up.com so we know how many people to expect. Drop-ins also welcome, if you want to see what it is about before you commit. Spread the word to others who may be interested.
Be at Seed Coworking at 6pm on 6/23 to enjoy some pizza and network! Then stay for the workshop and start practicing lean UX with us. We will wrap up around 8pm, or a bit later if you want.
I will be there as a participant, just like you. Scott Showalter is leading the meet-up and will be running the workshop. Join us and help kick off the next milestone for the User Experience community in the Toledo Region.