During the June Ohio UX Encounter about 24 Hours of UX, we talked about how to keep track of all of the opportunities to attend online meetups, webinars, conferences, etc., in the age of Covid. (By the way, recordings of all 24 hours are now available.)
Working list: created July 1, updated July 6
Coming up in July
- 14: Inclusive Design Roundtable (Cleveland)
- 22: Diversity & Inclusion in Design (Cincinnati)
- 23: Digital Transformation Virtual Design Sprint (Cincinnati)
- 8: Life & Death Design (Chicago)
- 8: Design Career (Kansas City)
- 9: Personality sensing (Chicago)
- 9: Lean Coffee (Louisville)
- 13: Semantic Interaction Design: UX Magic, the book (Kansas City)
- 16: XD vs Sketch vs Figma (Minnesota)
- 20: UX Spins (Toronto)
Elsewhere in North America
- 7: Portfolio review panel (Austin)
- 8: Cognitive Bias & UX (Orange County, CA)
- 9: Shape of Trust (San Antonio)
- 9: Design Thinking for PPE (Portland)
- 9: Gender Equality in Design (San Diego)
- 10: UX Career Expo (Charlotte)
- 13: Work in Progress Party (Portland)
- 14: Analyzing User Research (Texas-based)
- 14: Accessibility: design & hiring (San Francisco)
- 16: Diversity panel (Boston)
- 16: Working remotely (Boston)
- 16: Inclusive Collaboration (Northern Virginia)
- 16: First UX Project (San Diego & Denver)
- 21: Leadership panel (Calgary)
- 22: Sense & Respond, the book (Boston)
- 22: Articulating Design Decisions, the book (Denver)
Around the world
- 16: Design careers in a post-COVID world (Australia)
- 16: Invest in UX discussion (Austria)
- 17: Personas using Jobs to be Done (UXPA International)
- 21: UX Writing (Austria)
- 22: Designing beautifully (DMI)
- 28: UX Writing (Dubai)
- 29: UX Strategy (Johannesburg)
- 30: Research & Emotion (Munich)
Places to look for more events
By no means complete and I won’t be able to keep up as more gets scheduled this month, and beyond. Above, I specifically did not list events by profit-focused organizations, for example. You may need to do some exploring on your own:
- Meetup groups that are adding entries linking to other group’s events: UXPA Los Angeles, SDXD (San Diego).
- “Master” calendars of UX events: CPHUX (Copenhagen), UX Stars.
- UXPA International’s upcoming chapter events & webinars and IxDA local events.
Places to look for more communities
Finding and figuring out the value of UX communities is another big challenge. Just dipping our toes in the water here…
- Local groups: Meetup.com “User Experience” topic, 24 Hours of UX participants.
- Curated lists of communities: UX Beginner, User Interviews.
A sample to get us started and trigger a discussion during the July 6th encounter, 7pm.