Tuesday April 12 & Thursday April 14 each have a major User Experience event.
April 12, 6:30pm, at BGSU: User Insights for the Whole Team, by Darren Kall.
Tech Toledo & the BGSU Student ACM chapter are partnering to bring Darren Kall from Dayton to campus to show us the value of direct contact with real users.
- Learn the personal and corporate value of direct contact with real users
- Recognize opportunities to connect with users and learn how to engage with them
- Become empowered to put these techniques into practice and be confident you can do them well
- Get resources about where to learn more so you can continue to get insights from users
Learn more about the talk and Darren at bgsu-user-insights.eventbrite.com.
Seats are limited, so be sure to register. Parking will not be a problem! Parking directions and a parking pass will be sent to attendees.
April 14 at the Lima Tech Conference: When User Experience Becomes Mission Critical
I am giving a UX talk at the LRITA.org 2016 Tech Conference. I will share stories and examples of how companies have made progress along their journey to mission critical user experiences.
- User interface design: from “lipstick on a pig” to guidelines and standards that improve usability, reduce costs, and increase business value
- Requirements processes: from spreadsheets of features to priorities based on deep user insights
- Project management: from waterfall management focused on cost-savings to agile & iterative design and development focused on quality, hypothesis-testing and user satisfaction
- Governance: from chaos and technology-driven decision making to portfolios of projects based on user experience (and business value) benefits
Learn more about the conference at LRITA.org. Registration starts at only $20 for the whole day!
Hope to see you at one or both of these events.