Design at the Googz, March 12
On Thursday, March 12 at 6pm, the Toledo Web Professionals present Design at the Googz at Seed Coworking. Rita DeRaedt will talk about her experience as an intern on a Google User Experience team.
Learn more about Rita:
- Rita’s Thoughts about her intern experience
- Google Answer Cards, one of the projects she worked on at Google
- NY Post article about Google interns
UX at Owens Corning
Owens Corning has made a commitment to user experience and has 2 excellent job openings as a result.
Both positions have a responsibilities and qualifications that include:
- Provides broad based strategies for information architecture, usability, and digital solutions design based on corporate standards and industry best practices
- Leads sessions with users, business and technology to clearly identify and understand the problem and articulate the outcomes
- Develops and maintains design documentation
- BA or BS, preferred in Marketing/Graphic/Digital Design or Information Services
- 5+ years of recent, direct, relevant experience translating business needs into digital user designs
- Strong understanding of usability testing methodologies
The Design Lead also manages a team of User Experience Designers.
Mad Ave Collective Shop Talk, March 26
Add Thursday, March 26th (lunch hour) to your calendar for my Mad Ave Collective Shop Talk discussion about user experience.
Details have not been announced yet, but check out
If you have not visited the Mad Ave Collective yet, then this will be a good chance to heckle me and check out this work space in the Uptown district.
If you are into building design, they you may want to join area architects for an evening about the design of the new Zoo aquarium on March 26th.