I started using MailChimp and created my first “official” email newsletter. Below are the details from the first newsletter, sent on August 3rd. If you did not get this one and want to get the next one, you can sign up for the newsletter on the right of most pages on this site.
User Experience Update
What is happening the rest of the year
There are some events coming up related to user experience: check them out and plan to join us!
- August 13th: The Toledo Web Professionals are hosting Kevin Mullett (from Ft. Wayne), who is talking about user experience, user interface design and more.
- From now until September 28th: The Art of Video Games exhibit and more at the Toledo Museum of Art.
- October 9th-10th: The uHeart Digital Media conference may be of interest: speakers announced this week.
- October 21st: Ignite UX Michigan (in Ann Arbor). Submissions are being accepted until September 25th.
- October 23rd-25th: Midwest UX in Indianapolis. Sessions have been announced and conference registration is open. Contact me if you are going so we can carpool together.
- November 5th-8th: Visual Literacy Conference at TMA.
- November 13th: Save the date for another World Usability Day event (by TWP). Details TBD.
Another Rosenfeld Media virtual conference is being scheduled for November. Once it is announced, I will see if anyone is interested in gathering at a central location to participate together.
I helped a team from Detroit make a proposal to host Midwest UX in 2015. If Detroit wins the bid, we will be looking for sponsors, volunteers, and attendees from the Toledo region.
Finally, I am working on an idea for a “UX Roundtable” series, where someone presents a design challenge based on a current project and we talk about it. If this sounds interesting, contact me and you can help me figure out what it might be.
UX Toledo Region