It is time to start planning the Toledo Region meeting room for the next Rosenfeld Media UX Tips virtual conference. Last year’s event was a big success and the feedback was “do it again” and do not change much.
- Same UX tips format, 32 tips this time instead of 31.
- Different speakers, but still superstars: Brenda Laurel, Christina Wodtke, Dave Gray, Kim Goodwin, Leah Buley, Steve Portigal.
- April 24th (a Thursday), about a month sooner than last year.
- 10am to 5pm, a different speaker each hour, with a few minutes for questions and barely enough time to chat with your colleagues and take a bathroom break in between the presentations. Lunch break from 1-2pm.
- Still virtual, of course: watching the speakers over the internet, projected on large screen(s), while we all watch in the same room. And access to the recordings afterwards.
Check out the description at RosenfeldMedia.com to learn more about the virtual conference.
For the local logistics, again, probably not going to change much:
- I am checking to see if BGSU at Levis Commons is available.
- Having local companies “sponsor” by committing to buy a certain number of tickets, to make sure we will have enough attendees to buy the meeting room ticket.
- After the companies grab their blocks of tickets, charging individuals for tickets until we are full.
- Having coffee, lunch, snacks and drinks included. Prizes and other goodies if we can.
The expenses will be something around $1500. With 50 attendees, then that is $30 each to break even, which is the goal.
I am open to new ideas as well. Other locations, other funding models, whatever.
Contact me at instone at user-experience.org if you want to propose something new or different. More importantly, contact me if you are interested in “sponsoring” in some way.