What is happening in the Toledo region in October for people interested in user experience.
- October 1: The UT Internet Marketing Conference covers some UX-related topics like findability, publishing, social media and mobile.
- October 9: Agile Software Development Methods might include something about how UX methods like iterative design and usability testing work hand-in-hand in agile environments.
- October 16-19: Road trip to Midwest UX. Carpool to the best UX conference in the area!
- October 24: Ignite UX. 5 minutes/20 slides on various UX topics. In Ann Arbor, but I am partnering with the organizers to encourage more of us to attend from the Toledo region.
And save November 14th for World Usability Day at BGSU. More details coming.
Other road trip opportunities, or if you happen to be near one of these cities already, attend to meet others interested in UX.
- September 30 – October 5: Cincinnati Design Week including Collaborative Brainstorming for Better UX on October 1.
- October 2: Detroit UX Book Chat, Swap & Lunch.
- October 4: UX Chat ‘n Pancakes, Columbus.
- October 9: Akron Happy Hour.
- October 16: Usability & UX: Hottest Topics of 2013 and Predictions for 2014 and Beyond, Detroit.
- October 17: CSCA Design Summit, Columbus.
- October 22: User Enjoyment meetup, Cincinnati.
- October 23: Content strategy & TUG open house, Ann Arbor.
- October 24-25: M3 Conference, Columbus, includes a mobile design track.
- October 24: Intersection of Art & User Experience, Cleveland Museum of Art.
- October 29: Realizing Empathy, Columbus.
More October road-trippable events will be added: seems like not a lot of them have been advertised yet.