What is happening related to user experience this month.
In the region
- September 7: AIGA Toledo’s Rock, Paper, Sizzle and Pixels of Fury. Social event, fundraiser, album art show and design tournament, all rolled into one. Free and open to the public.
- September 11: Toledo Web Professionals Meetup including Mobile UX discussion.
- September 12: Mobile User Experience virtual conference. Free, thanks to Hanson!
- September 19: TEDxToledo. Technology, Entertainment, Design are the TED origins, so UX will be part of the stories.
- September 20-22: Startup Weekend Toledo. UX designers are needed!
- September 6: IxDA Columbus UX Chat ‘N Pancakes.
- September 10: Accessibility Summit virtual conference, Ann Arbor. Free all-day event.
- September 11: Building a UX-Focused Company Culture (meetup), Akron.
- September 12: Speaking of Design (meetup), Ann Arbor. Added 9/9.
- September 16: Connections Between Technical Communication and Usability, Indianapolis. Added after-the-fact.
- September 19: Detroit UX Book Chat (meetup).
- September 19: IxDA Cincinnati, about accessibility.
- September 24: User Enjoyment meetup, Cincinnati.
- September 24: Detroit UX Happy hour (meetup).
- September 25: Data analysis and visualization, Columbus.
- September 25-27: WebVisions Chicago. Explores the future of design, content creation, user experience and business strategy.
- September 26: Ann Arbor UX Happy Hour (Facebook).
- September 26: SharePoint Site Redesign, Cleveland.
- September 30 – October 5: Cincinnati Design Week. Evening talks, TEDx conference, crawls and parties.
- October 4: Destinations workshop. It’s about planning, a crucial aspect of corporate user experience success.
- October 17-19: Midwest UX. World-class conference, a few hours drive away. Want to carpool?
- October 24: Ignite UX in Ann Arbor. A fun night of short talks about UX. Submit your topic by September 12th!
- November 14: World Usability Day event in the Toledo region is in the works.