User experience professionals are invited to attend Startup Weekend Toledo, September 20-22, 2013. This includes user interface designers, information architects, graphic designers, user researchers, interaction designers, ethnographers, usability engineers, creative directors and many other roles.
Startup Weekends are intense, 54-hour events where people with backgrounds in technology, design and business form teams around interesting ideas. The teams create prototypes and business models to test the business viability of those ideas. Winning teams get prizes to help them develop their ideas further. Everyone who participates is a winner, however, because they get to work with cool people from the area and gain experience in a startup environment.
Startup Weekends are happening every weekend around the world. The first one in the Toledo Region was last year.
Why should UX designers sign up for Startup Weekend Toledo?
- Pitch your innovative idea to the group and try to convince others to join you in pursuit of your dream.
- Join a team with an idea that appeals to you and help design the business. Do more than make things look pretty: apply your strategic design skills. One of the judging criteria is “User experience design” so teams will be recruiting designers to join them.
- Experience the thrills of trying to start up a company: it is eye-opening.
- Hang out with and work side-by-side all weekend with some of the most creative people in the Toledo region.
- Take a shot at building the next “big thing” – or even a “small thing” that makes the world a better place
See toledo.startupweekend.org for more information, including the schedule, coaches, speakers and judges.
Early bird registration is only $35 and ends on August 21st. Be sure to sign up for a “designer” ticket.