July is a vacation month for many of us, but there are still some local events related to user experience planned. And plenty of road trip (2.5 hour drive or less) opportunities.
In the Region in July
- July 10, Toledo Web Professionals, Jeremy Diller of Scenario Seventy Seven, talking about usability and entrepreneurism. At Beyond Gaming. More info. RSVP on Meetup.
- July 23, Patrick McSweeny, Emerging CSS Trends For Designers. At Seed Coworking. More info. RSVP on Meetup.
- July 25, StartUp Toledo, Matt Braun of Magnate Interactive, a local user experience consulting company. At Manhattan’s. More info. RSVP on Facebook.
On the Road in July
- July 10, UX Akron, Happy Hour. RSVP on Meetup.
- July 11, Detroit UX meetup, Book club & lunch. RSVP on Meetup.
- July 11, The Brandery (Cincinnati), Design Happy Hour. RSVP.
- July 12, IxDA Columbus, Breakfast. More info.
- July 18, AIGA Cincinnati, #AIGAVidConf (mini video conference). RSVP on Facebook.
- July 18, Indy UX Salon. RSVP on Meetup. Added 7/14: 4 hours away is a stretch!
- July 22, IxDA Columbus, Refresh Roadtrip talks. More info. RSVP.
- July 23, Cincinnati User Enjoyment. RSVP on Meetup.
- July 24, Cleveland Web Standards Association, Refresh Roadtrip talks. More info.
- July 24, Detroit UX Meetup, Happy hour. RSVP on Meetup.
- July 25, Refresh Detroit, Refresh Roadtrip talks. RSVP on Meetup.
- July 25, Cleveland UXPA, Alphabet Soup Summer Mixer. More info.
For me, the big road trip is to DC for a User Experience Professionals Association annual conference, July 9-12.