The reaction to Encounters in April was positive, so I will do more in May. We will keep the “every 4 days” schedule. Noon (ET USA) will be the most common time, with some 8am, 4pm, and 8pm here and there.
Same basic format: online get-togethers for UX practitioners and professionals in Ohio to meet each other, talk about crisis/remote work challenges, jobs, state-wide collaborations to advance the profession, and anything else that comes up.
We have more “special topic” experiments slated in April, but I am already planning for some in May. If you would like to join us and lead a discussion about a topic, contact me (email@example.com). I am actively recruiting people from Ohio universities to talk about what they are teaching. And I am inviting local group leaders to discuss what their members need to become better practitioners, and perhaps even professionals. Underlying it all are conversations about helping Ohio’s UX workforce drive economic success and social impact.
We have had people from outside Ohio join. Not a problem!
Register at Eventbrite. You will then get added to a Google calendar invite with the online meeting details. Eventbrite will send you a reminder email a few hours before the event, with a list of who else has signed up.
For the rest of April:
- April 18, Saturday, Noon. Special topic: Can’t Stop Columbus.
- April 22, Wednesday, 4pm. Special topic: Kent State UXD.
- April 26, Sunday, 8pm.
In May (updated 4/23):
- May 1, Friday, Noon. A11yCLE (Cleveland Accessibility meetup).
- May 5, Tuesday, 6pm. (new time). UX in Visual Communication Technology/Graphic Design programs at BGSU & NSCC.
- May 9, Saturday, Noon.
- May 13, Wednesday, 4pm. UX at The Modern College of Design.
- May 17, Sunday, 8pm.
- May 21, Thursday, Noon. IxDA Cincinnati.
- May 25, Monday, Noon. NN/g UX Careers report.
- May 29, Friday, 4pm.
Eventbrite page to register for any of the May Encounters.