The 5th User Experience Toledo Region conference (“User Research for Everyone”) is Tuesday, October 11th. If you have not registered yet:
If you have already purchased a ticket, below are some details you need to be aware of. This information is being emailed to everyone who has registered.
The conference will be at the brand new King Road Branch Library, 3900 King Road, Toledo, OH 43617. The library is near Sylvania Southview High School, at the corner of King Road and Sylvania Avenue, across from Kroger.
The library opens at 9am, so please try to arrive around then. Parking is free. If you get there a little early, you can wait at tables outside the library entrance.
There is a LOT of construction at the highway exits near the library (I-475/US-23 and Central Avenue) so give yourself extra time to get there in the morning. Some ramps will be closed!
- If you are traveling from the north, such as US-23 from Ann Arbor, take Exit 13 for Central Avenue. Go west on Central past Meijer and then north on King Road.
- If you are coming in from the east, such as I-475 west from downtown Toledo, you can also take Exit 13 for Central Avenue. You could also get off at the Talmadge Road exit and go west on Sylvania Avenue.
- If you are coming from the south (such as Maumee, Perrysburg or Bowling Green), THE I-475/US-23 EXIT FOR CENTRAL AVENUE WILL BE CLOSED. I recommend you avoid the highway and get to the library on surface streets. Options include: Reynolds (US-20), Holland-Sylvania, McCord, or King Road (via Angola).
Food and drinks
- We will have Biggby Coffee (a few types of brewed coffee from their catering menu), but no breakfast.
- Lunch is being catered by Fowl and Fodder, a nearby restaurant that features locally sourced ingredients. We will have sandwiches, salad and some side dishes (from their catering menu).
- Introductions will start around 9:30am and the first speaker is at 10am.
- The general schedule for the day is a 45 minute remote speaker, then a 15 minute break, repeated 7 times.
- We will start lunch whenever the food arrives: there is no “lunch break” in the program.
- Toledo Matters Podcast will be there in the morning, doing some interviews. You will be encouraged to tour the library during breaks.
- The last talk is scheduled to end at 4:45, so we will be done by 5pm.
- Bring your laptop and charger so you can multi-task during the day: check email, get some work done, etc.
- We have reserved a conference room where you can go to take a phone call or work with fewer distractions, if needed.
See you on Tuesday!