The week of Peter Morville’s talk at NWSPUG has finally arrived! After starting our planning process in February, it is exciting to have his talk about the Architecture of Understanding within sight: this Wednesday, June 15th, at the Auditorium at One SeaGate.
- 10:00am: Show up early and visit the Toledo Design Center (see below)
- 10:30am: Check in upstairs and network in the art gallery outside the auditorium (bring a copy of your Eventbrite receipt to speed up check-in)
- 11:00am: Introductions and Peter’s talk
- 11:45am (roughly): Q&A, book raffle, etc.
- Noon: Lunch, downstairs in the food court: Small group discussions over lunch, eat outside along the river, visit TDC, etc. (Bring your Eventbrite recepit to speed up getting lunch)
- 1:00pm: Head back to work
There are a few spots left: register if you want to attend.
If you want to tweet about the event before, during or after, use #Intertwingled when mentioning the talk and #UXTR to connect with the rest of the User Experience community in the region. Thank Peter directly by referencing @morville.
Parking & Getting There
We recommend parking in the Vistula Garage, a $6 charge for a few hours. The official address for the parking garage is 610 N Superior St, Toledo, OH 43604.
After parking, walk under Summit Street to One SeaGate, then go upstairs.
You can by-pass the security desk and go down the hallway by the 5/3 ATM.
Check in at the desk, then mingle outside the Auditorium in the “art gallery”.
Toledo Design Center
The Toledo Design Center will host an “open house” for attendees. Stop by TDC before the talk (it is on the way from the parking garage), or during lunch in the food court. Meet people from TDC and see what they are doing to assist with urban growth and revitalization, including the Downtown Toledo Master Plan efforts. If you missed the public meeting on May 4th, you can see what was presented.
Thanks to all of the organizations working together to make this happen:
- NWSPUG for booking Peter and Tech Toledo for helping with logistics.
- Warnock, Tanner & Associates for sponsoring lunch.
- Toledo Region Experience Planning: venue sponsor.
- Thread Marketing Group, Spoke, and the UT Center for Creative Instruction for additional sponsorship.
- First Solar: book sponsor (5 copies of Peter’s books will be raffled off).
- Toledo Web Professionals for attending.
See you there!