Happy New Year! Thanks for participating in user experience activities in 2014. What do you want to do in 2015?
We did several things to learn more about user experience in the Toledo Region in 2014, including:
- UX Tips conference in April (with the mini-conference model adopted by others around the world)
- Road trips to Ann Arbor for World Information Architecture Day and to Detroit for World Usability Day
- Kevin Mullet from Ft. Wayne talking about SEO, Social media and User experience
- A UX presentation at the Visual Literacy conference and The Art of Video Games exhibit, both at the Toledo Art Museum
- Road trip to Midwest UX in Indianapolis in October
I partnered with the Toledo Web Professionals and many regional companies and organizations in 2014: thanks to all of you for your support.
What about 2015?
What are your user experience professional needs in 2015? Which ideas should we pursue in the next 12 months? What other suggestions do you have? What are you interested in helping make happen?
I have updated the UX community survey from 2013 and would love it if you could spare a few minutes and fill it out.
Feel free to pass this along to others. I’d like to have input from many people.
There are a few things that are already in the works for this year:
- World IA Day in Ann Arbor, February 21st.
- A panel by people who attended UX-related conferences last year, like Midwest UX and HOW Interactive Design. Contact me if you want to share the highlights of a conference you attended.
- A talk by a BGSU student who interned on a UX team at Google.
Stay tuned for more information. Provide your input via the survey or contact me directly.