The October email newsletter for the User Experience Toledo Region community went out yesterday. Check it out in the archives if you did not get it, deleted it already, or never pay attention to email newsletters.
- Startup Weekend, Lean UX meetup & TWP meetup are all things in October that build upon Design Week activities.
- The next Pitch and Pour, in celebration of World Usability Day, is the next big event to plan for (November 12).
- If you missed all or part of Toledo Design Week, you can catch up by checking out the Twitter stream and slides.
Toledo Design Week starts today, Monday, September 21st. Doors open at 6:30pm for Call to Action, at Owens Community College.
Check out the email newsletter for details. Hope to see you today and at the other 2 events!
An email newsletter devoted to Design Week just went out. Check out the copy in the archives if you are not on the mailing list. Share it with others who need to know about Design Week!
I have included some tidbits about Design Week in the last newsletter and in the community calendar. Here is the next iteration of details!
The back-to-school-special email newsletter was sent out today.
Some of the upcoming UX educational opportunities listed:
- Lean UX workshop on journey and experience mapping, 8/25
- Ignite UX road trip to Ann Arbor, 9/15
- AIGA Toledo Design Week (3 events), 9/21-28
- Midwest UX conference in Pittsburgh, 10/1-3
- Startup Weekend Toledo, 10/2-4
- Cooper courses in Columbus, 11/2-5
- Creativity & Innovation Summit, 11/10
- World Usability Day, 11/12
Check out the Back-to-UX-School newsletter for details.
The summer edition of the email newsletter was sent out earlier this week.
What is in it:
- IT analyst (User Experience) job at First Solar
- Lean UX meet-up, Family Picnic and other summer events
- Professional development courses in Dayton and Columbus
- Visual Language Workshop for UXers
- Fall events to save the date for
See the Summer Newsletter for more details and links to more information.
The new Lean UX meet-up group has its first get-together on Tuesday, June 23rd. If you are interested in user experience, this will be your chance to hang out with UXers more often (I have not been able to commit to organize monthly events). Plus, you can learn about the application of UX to rapid prototyping and validation, and other Lean UX concepts.
The first meeting will be a workshop on UX Foundations of Lean and Agile. From the description:
- This free workshop (including food and drinks) is a UX primer for those new to the concepts, or anyone who wants to practice their existing UX skills (or come just to show off your UX talent!).
- We’ll cover the concepts of Persona Design, Experience Mapping, Minimum Viable Products (MVP), Prototyping, Running Experiments and how to take these concepts through the development cycle, among other things.
- Attendees will split up into groups of 3-5 when engaging in the workshop, in order to embrace the collaborative spirit of UX and the practice of its principles.
RSVP at meet-up.com so we know how many people to expect. Drop-ins also welcome, if you want to see what it is about before you commit. Spread the word to others who may be interested.
Be at Seed Coworking at 6pm on 6/23 to enjoy some pizza and network! Then stay for the workshop and start practicing lean UX with us. We will wrap up around 8pm, or a bit later if you want.
I will be there as a participant, just like you. Scott Showalter is leading the meet-up and will be running the workshop. Join us and help kick off the next milestone for the User Experience community in the Toledo Region.
See this in email newsletter form.
People Skills for UX: 3rd User Experience Toledo Region Conference
Thanks to all of the sponsors, supporters and attendees of the People Skills for UX conference on May 27th.
If you attended, you will get an email via
Eventbrite MailChimp in a few days with information on how to watch the replays and other follow-up details such as offers from global sponsors. You can fill out a survey to let us know your opinion of the local conference. One respondent will win a digital set of Rosenfeld Media books.
If you missed the conference, you can see some of what was covered on our local Twitter stream.
The 3rd User Experience Toledo Region conference is Wednesday of this week, May 27th. If you are attending, here are some things to help you get ready (this was also emailed to attendees via Eventbrite, but repeating here just in case).
1. Make sure you know how to get to the conference location, the Nitschke Technology Commercialization Complex at the University of Toledo. The address is 1510 North Westwood Ave, Toledo, Ohio 43606. You can come in from the north: from Bancroft, turn south on North Westwood. Or you can come in from the south: the building is at the corner of Door and Douglas.
Individual tickets for the 3rd Toledo Region User Experience conference go on sale this morning.
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. May 27 at LaunchPad Incubation at the University of Toledo.
- Theme is People Skills for UX: Negotiation, Facilitation, Listening, and Leadership.
- Cost: $30, includes breakfast, lunch, and LaunchPad Incubation collaboration spaces for the day.
To learn more about the conference format, topics, speakers and schedule: user-experience.org/peopleskills2015
To buy tickets: uxtr-peopleskills.eventbrite.com
We are still looking for more sponsors.